Physiotherapy and Myofascial Release in Birmingham
Kath Kelly is a musculoskeletal Physiotherapist also offering Myofascial Release as a treatment.
I have been a physiotherapist for almost 30 years, working both in the UK and Australia. I focus on treating musculoskeletal problems, ie joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, scars and soft tissue in general.
I also use Myofascial release, which is a manual therapy, suitable for all ages and safe to use in pregnancy. I have found it particularly helpful in treating chronic conditions but it is also excellent when managing acute conditions and it may also be useful in preventing injuries as well as treating them.
Please note that this is only a guide but examples of some conditions she may be able to help you with are: .
- Chronic pain problems, including fibromyalgia, M.E / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Stiff and / or painful joints including frozen shoulder, arthritis
- Neck and back pain
- Sacro iliac (S.I.) joint pain and Pubic symphysis dysfunction
- Headaches and migraines
- Shin splints
- Scar management -
- Osgood Schlatters disease
- Post surgery physiotherapy, eg Knee replacement, breast cancer surgery
- Sprains and strains
- Referred nerve pain; sciatica
- Cording / axillary web syndrome
- Tennis elbow and rotator cuff injuries
- Muscle pain and tightness
- TMJ (jaw) and face pain
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Post fracture rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation after Bells Palsy -
If you are unsure if your symptoms can be helped please contact Kath - she is always happy to discuss your problem and give advice.
Same day appointments may be available.
Clinics in Kings Heath and Kings Norton
Ease and Flow Physiotherapy is based within 2 health centres in south Birmingham. The Natural Health Centre is just a few minutes away from the High Street, Kings Heath and The Well Natural Health Centre is in the centre of Kings Norton, on The Green.
Both clinics have treatment rooms available on the ground floor for easier access. A ramp is available if you are unable to manage the single step into the clinic at Kings Heath.
Kath is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Here you will find details about:
- her background.
- a description of some of the more specific techniques she uses.
What happens in a session
- if you are new to physiotherapy you may want to know what to expect.
FAQ's and Contact details
- including clinic locations, fees, opening hours and data protection policy.